The RUDRAGNI CREATIVE & CLASSICAL DANCE ACADEMY course is an ideal starting point if are discovering your liking for dance. Beginning with some movements for body awareness, the course work takes you thru a traditional 'Adavu' or systematic progression of stamping steps. The student is exposed to a variety of rhythm patterns in different speeds and also learns the language of dance using hands and fingers. They will also learn some chanting and basic choreography set to music culminating in a performance.
· Discovering basic footwork of classical dances
· Rhythm Response
· Language of Dance
· The Aspect of Performance
· Hard work and respect for Audience
· Show Related Tips and Tricks
· Student will be able to chant the shlokas, do namskar and perform basic movements of classical dance
· Student will be able to recall and recite how the steps should be done, demonstration of the basics according to individual ability
· Student will be able to recite the Asamyutha Hastas or Single hand gestures
· Student will be able to perform hands to the Dhyana Shlokam, Guru Shlokam and Saraswathi Shlokam to set music.
The Rudragni High Intermediate grade is a sure sign that the student is showing a good aptitude and love of dance. She is soon going to get into Advanced level of dancing. This course is designed for dancers with at least 3 years of dancing experience or someone who has completed Intermediate grade Rudragni. This course will equip students to pursue Grade 2 of ISTD without any stress and put them on the path to taking the Grade 3 exam also with ease. The student is exposed to many adavus of Bharatahantaym and will have only a few remaining that she will learn at the advanced level to string together into a multitude of dances. Once she completes the advanced grade, she will be marching towards her full length margam learning experience culminating in an arangetram.
· 3 years of dancing with firm basics and completion of intermediate grade
· Basic level Theory
· Intermediate training at Rudragni
· All Adavus
· Hastas with viniyogas
· Griba vedas
· Students will able to demonstrate correct form performing all adavus in the syllabus
· Students will be able to clearly improve form and speed over the previous level
· Students will be able to demonstrate viniyogas and bhedas and hastas
· Students will demonstrate the Ganesha Kauthuvam dance
· Students can appear for Grade 2 Exams.
The Rudragni Advanced grade is a grade where all 'adavus' are taught and there is a shift to learning serious Bharatanatyam margam items. This GRADE is designed for dancers with atleast 4 years of dancing experience or someone who has completed High Intermediate grade Rudragni. This GRADE will equip students to pursue Grade 3 of ISTD without any stress and put them on the path to taking the Grade 4 exam also with ease. The student to advanced level adavus to string together into a multitude of dances. The parent can plan for the arangetram or full length stage debut at this stage. Please discuss that path with the teacher.
· 4 years of dancing and completion of High intermediate GRADE
· Dance theory
· Good foundational form
· Sense of rhythm and subdivision
· Jyotiswaram (saveri)
· One shlokam/avinaya
· Practice of all adavus and basics
· Practice of hastas
· Vedas (Shira, Griba, Hasta and Drishti)
· Students will able to demonstrate correct adavu techniques
· Students will be able to recite the shlokas and demonstrate the theory of this grade
· Students will be able to dance to set music - Keerthanam on Devi in Tamil, Annamacharya Kriti on Lord Vishnu in Telugu and Bhajan on Lord Rama in Hindi
· Students will be able to emote the abhinaya of the items selected
· Students will be prepared to clear grade 4 eams.
The Rudragni Professional grade is for post arangetram students who have a thirst for expanding their knowledge and learning more items of the Bharatanatyam repertoire so that they may expand their own vocabulary and eventually develop their own artistic voice to choreograph pieces on subjects that they find interesting. They can easily pass levels 5 and 6 of ISTD and prepare for the vocational GRADE which equips them to become teachers of the art form. The professional grade will equip the dancers well and give them the self-confidence to lead a class. If they want to perform annually, Rudragni will help them identify items and work with their timeline to choreograph, teach, record, and present them in a show. Pitching one's art in front of an audience on an ongoing basis takes a lot of work and careful application of energies in the right direction. Rudragni can provide the requisite mentorship in this regard.
o Over 6 years of dancing
o Music Theory
o ISTD grade 4
o Sense of rhythm and strong arangetram performance
· Practice and perfection of all margam items
· Dasavatar hastas
· Sapta talam
· Stage performance and dress makeup preparation
· Students will able to demonstrate a strong public performance thru the arangetram
· Students will be able to use stage space and work with lighting, they can do with live orchestra as well and that is a huge learning experience
· Students will be able to take the grade 5 and 6 exams of with relative ease
· Students will pick up new choreography much more easily
· Students will be able to teach others
· Students will be prepared to put on strong performances on a regular basis. They will also attempt self-choreography.